Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
You are here: HomeForum
Welcome, Guest

URGENT - Revo Search not working - showing unrelated items
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: URGENT - Revo Search not working - showing unrelated items

URGENT - Revo Search not working - showing unrelated items 7 years, 2 months ago #31644

Trying out the Revo on our test site before going live. We like the Revo design however it seems to have a few issues.
a)
In particular, if we do a All Categories search, and enter Hat into the search field on the home page, the first page shows some hats which is fine, however the last item show is a Pants product on page 1.
Pages 2 and 3 in this case are also full of Pants and Shirts.
Nothing to do with the Hats at all.
I have checked the Categories allocated and they are completely different so it is not that.
These other items just seem to appear randomly.
If I select category Head Wear category and enter the word Hat, then yes all I see are the hats.
If I select category All Categories and enter the word Hat, I see the hats first, then all this other stuff. ??

b)
the search results page has white spaces instead of items.
So lets say I search category Head Weer and enter Hats into the search field, what comes back on page 1 is a number of hats. However instead of them all being listed side by side and neatly, there are blank white sections inbetween some.
So ;
row one - 4 hats,
row two - blank, blank, blank, hat
row three - 4 hats
row four - blank, blank, blank, hat
row five - hat, pants, blank blank

Please advise urgently we want to go live with Revo if it works as a template.
thanks

Re: URGENT - Revo Search not working - showing unrelated items 7 years, 2 months ago #31647

Dear sir,

a, This search function will show the result starting title to description.
On the page 1, you can see keyword show on title and description of product, but turn into page 2,3, you can find it in the description of product ( keyword lies in the description)
b, Please give us link and screenshot.

Thanks

Re: URGENT - Revo Search not working - showing unrelated items 7 years, 2 months ago #31651

Thank you for the swift reply.
I had put the url in the Website info box already,

The problem is we search for - hat
In the description of a shirt products for example, it says ;
" This shirt can be used whatever your need. "

So, that is why the Shirt appears when we search for - hat

That should not be the case, it is looking at the word - whatever - in the description sentence and finds the letters hat and then decides this must be a hat product. But that is not the case, it has nothing to do with hats.

thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes