(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Problem with jQuery

Problem with jQuery 9 years, 4 months ago #21975

• ivan.t.ivanov
  • Single Product
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
I'm using a module which use latest version of jQuery. The yt framework for your template uses an old one which makes a conflict. At first I contacted with developers of the module and here is what they said:

You are still loading jQuery twice and /plugins/system/yt/includes/admin/js/jquery.min.js is still loading version 1.8.1.
Loading jQuery twice causes your website to load slower because it has to load the file twice and then instantiate jQuery twice.
Also, because jQuery 1.8.1 is loaded last it's taking over the previously loaded jQuery.
I understand some templates used to add their own jQuery version in Joomla 2.5, however Joomla 3.x already provides a very nice and easy way to load the most up to date jQuery version.
It also loads the noConflict() and the jquery-migrate.js which solves most problems old template might have with new jQuery code. In other words jquery-migrate.js loads all old and deprecated jQuery functions/methods and makes old scripts compatible with the latest jQuery version.
Can you please copy the above and send it to your template developer?

Please help me resolve this quick, because I'm on a deadline!
Best regards,
Ivan

Re: Problem with jQuery 9 years, 4 months ago #22075

Dear ivan.t.ivanov
I have the smae problem with SJ FinancialI, did you find any way to resolve these problems ??

Re: Problem with jQuery 9 years, 4 months ago #22081

• ivan.t.ivanov
  • Single Product
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
I submit a ticket, but still wait for answer...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes