AJAX loader
You are here: HomeForum
Welcome, Guest

Use Google fonts, latin, extended
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Use Google fonts, latin, extended

Use Google fonts, latin, extended 10 years, 9 months ago #11623

Hi there,

I have found this topic discussing use latin extended Google fonts. There is suggestion from one visitor (not with Administrator) so I am not sure whether this is correct aproach.

However, I believe that there must be more eficient way how to include it. In the layout editor/typography user can type the Google font family. I suppose this element is use somewhere in the layout process in order to retrieve corresponding Googlefont. I can immagine that combining of code change so that it would load explicitely "extended" font with the font "family" that user can type in in the layout editor/typography the layout user could once change code and then easily set font family in the layout editor.

Where can I find the code that is a result of Google font change in the layout editor?

Cheers
Milan

Re: Use Google fonts, latin, extended 10 years, 9 months ago #11700

• SA Thuy

Re: Use Google fonts, latin, extended 10 years, 9 months ago #11735

Hi Thuy,

Thank you for refering to the explanation on the link. I refered to this link when I wrote you my question. The solution described fix the problem by putting code line telling to use for example Open Sans, latin, expanded.

However, what will happen when in the front end Template Settings/Typoghraphy i select type "Ubuntu"? Will the extended type will be applied for selected "Ubuntu" type? Or will the selection of a new type will override the code inserted into css file?

Cheers
Milan

Re: Use Google fonts, latin, extended 10 years, 9 months ago #11761

I followed the instructions in the link, conected with ftp to my site and found the mentioned file "frame_inc.php (full link: /abcjazyky.cz/templates/sj_plus/includes/frame_inc.php). However I didn't find the text chain mentioned in your link. There isn't any command with Google font load.

Maybe in SJ Plus in some other file?

Cheers
Milan

Re: Use Google fonts, latin, extended 10 years, 9 months ago #11888

• SA Thuy
Dear milan

Please go to your_site\templates\sj_plus\includes\bottom.php and find:

$doc->addStyleSheet('http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family='.str_replace(" ","+",$googleWebFont).'');

=>
$doc->addStyleSheet('http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family='.str_replace(" ","+",$googleWebFont).'&subset=latin,latin-ext');

Thanks

Re: Use Google fonts, latin, extended 10 years, 9 months ago #11899

I have replaced the string as you suggested.

Unfortunately no change, SF Plus print the diacritical signs wrong.

I have tried to use the string with some variations, but no success. Anyway, it is the rigt place, as the titles were printed in default font type when the code was wrong.

I do not understand the php code, but maybe there is some bug.

Can you try to find out how to solve this problem?

Cheers
Milan
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes