Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
You are here: HomeForum
Welcome, Guest

maintops and mainbottoms exist-frontpage redesign!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: maintops and mainbottoms exist-frontpage redesign!

maintops and mainbottoms exist-frontpage redesign! 10 years, 9 months ago #11383

• pamchal
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi!
First of all thank you for the very good work on Sj_plus. I have two questions hope to get answers for

1- I've read the older post about positions called maintop and mainbottom. SA Thuy has kindly answered there are no such positions referring to the module positions for Sj_plus. BUT with having the demo content (quickstart) installed, there are two modules called " "icon-tablet" Style " and " "icon-cogs" Style " published at "maintop-1" and "maintop-2" repectively which can be seen at Explore > module variations!! The problem is that it seems its not possible to have them enabled at the the frontpage for instance!! You can find the same for positions called "mainbotton-1" and "mainbottom-2". Any help with that?! (Please correct me if I'm wrong )

2- I need to show the latest articles at the frontpage where the frontpage component is activated bust since its only possible to have featured articles there, I have to make a new module position where I can show the latest articles instead of the frontpage component (featured articles only!!). Would you please help me how can I do that in Sj_Plus?!

Thank you so much for your time and help
Last Edit: 10 years, 9 months ago by pamchal.

Re: maintops and mainbottoms exist-frontpage redesign! 10 years, 9 months ago #11408

• SA Thuy
Dear Pamchal,

1. Sorry, "mainbotton-1" and "mainbottom-2" is in 'variations' layout. In template manager, you choose 'variations' layout to override layout in some menu. So, if you choose a module display on "mainbotton-1" and "mainbottom-2", it will only show on those menus.
2. Because 'Home' menu assign to Featured Articles, so it only show Featured Articles. You can config, your home menu assign to category blog and config in Advanced Options-> Blog Layout Options->Article Order->Most recent first

Thanks

Re: maintops and mainbottoms exist-frontpage redesign! 10 years, 9 months ago #11443

• pamchal
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear SA Thuy,

Thank you so much for your time and help!

1- About the variation layout, I hadn't noticed, it works perfect, thanks!

2- Thank you for the help, I know you aren't supposed to help in such things but the problem comes when I tend to show articles from the whole categories! Based on your suggestion, as far as I figured, I am limited to choose only one category to show the latest articles at the frontpage! I thought if some how I could add a module position instead of the frontpage component, that would work as I need! Any help with that is highly appreciated.

Have a nice day
Last Edit: 10 years, 9 months ago by pamchal.

Re: maintops and mainbottoms exist-frontpage redesign! 10 years, 9 months ago #11469

• SA Thuy
Dear Pamchal,

You can choose some of our modules to display latest articles at the frontpage. Please refer at:
www.demo.smartaddons.com/

Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes