Quickstart installation ???
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Quickstart installation ???

Quickstart installation ??? 11 years ago #8795

• JcTemplar
  • Single Product
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I'm not able to install the quickstart package. I follow the package install WITH sample data, but all I get is a standard joomla (without the template !!!)
I found this link, wich is supposed to give onformations about quickstart package : www.smartaddons.com/component/k2/itemlist/search?searchword=quickstart+package+for+joomla+s+what+is+this+and+how+to+install+it&Itemid=224
But this is empty (it says found 0 item)
Can you provide a working link please ?
Or a solution ?
Last Edit: 11 years ago by JcTemplar. Reason: Precision

Re: Quickstart installation ??? 11 years ago #8796

• JcTemplar
  • Single Product
  • Fresh Boarder
And why is my full name appearing on my posts ? How can I display my nickname instead ?

Re: Quickstart installation ??? 11 years ago #8816

• loitt
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Jean-Christophe Ducoin,

Did you really choose the install sample database during the installation of quick start package yet?

You do not see the guide for installing the quick start package because it is only for the memberships.

Please try to install the quick start package again.

Thanks
Ticket System | Join our Clubs to download our extensions and templates

Re: Quickstart installation ??? 11 years ago #8833

• JcTemplar
  • Single Product
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
You must think I have already tried several times before posting here. But, anyway, I've tried one more time, installing the package with the sample data (first choice in the list).
The result is still the same, a standard Joomla Install, without the content, and most weird, without the template.
I'm on a local wampserver, I unpacked the quickstart.zip in a separate folder, created a new database, and so on... I d'ont undestand what's wrong.

Oh, and I've checked, the template is effectively in the templates folder, but did not appear in the admin list.
One more precision, this is the joomla 3.0 package.

This outside the topic, but I found really weird that I have to buy a membership for a guide on how to use a product I already paid (and for now, that is not working). In my opinion, you should rethink it.
Last Edit: 11 years ago by JcTemplar.

Re: Quickstart installation ??? 11 years ago #8841

• David Hoang

Re: Quickstart installation ??? 11 years ago #8843

• JcTemplar
  • Single Product
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I finally got it working.
I'm writing here the answer, in case of other people with the same problem.
The option of the sample data install, has to be "Simple homepage" for the quickstart package to be installed.
Why not integrate a simple text file with the instruction in the package ? I loss 3 days on this, but it was really simple.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes