add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
You are here: HomeForum
Welcome, Guest

Changing layout in template DOES NOT change the layout e.g. left-main-right
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Changing layout in template DOES NOT change the layout e.g. left-main-right

Changing layout in template DOES NOT change the layout e.g. left-main-right 9 years, 8 months ago #20368

When I put items in position-6 they appear on the right (not the left as intended) just to the right of position-7 items on the right hand side. I agree - changing the layout in the template appears to do nothing.

If you look in /templates/sj_joomla3/layouts
you can see all the xml files listed i.e.
main-left-right.xml,
variations.xml
main.xml
main-right.xml
left-right-main.xml
left-main.xml
left-main-right.xml

Sergej suggested copying all the code from left-main-right.xml and pasting it in to main-left-right.xml - that works but the underlying problem hasn't been fixed or commented upon even though he posted that question 3 months & 2 weeks ago.

I thought it could just have been the wrong code for the file name (or vice-versa) but as changing the layout seems to make no difference I suspect there is another problem - perhaps that the layout name is hard coded somewhere - something that was used during development that hasn't been changed.

Can someone answer this?

Also why can't I post a .JPG file - it's on the form just below where I'm typing now but doesn;t work - is it a limitation or a bug in the forum or something else?
thanks

Re: Changing layout in template DOES NOT change the layout e.g. left-main-right 9 years, 8 months ago #20569

This is still a problem - I see no way to change the layout in the main section - there are 3 columns after the first featured article and I can't find where the 3 is defined - I don't want any columns after the first featured article - I just want one article after another as on the demo site.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes