Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
You are here: HomeForum
Welcome, Guest

SJ Carousel messes up layout at top & how do you set it up from scratch?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: SJ Carousel messes up layout at top & how do you set it up from scratch?

SJ Carousel messes up layout at top & how do you set it up from scratch? 9 years, 8 months ago #20366

I wish I could upload an image so you could see the problem - if I enable SJ Carousel in the "slide-show" position - module assignment - all pages - it used to puts a rectangular space at the top that obscures the top menu and the left hand top logo.

Now I've just tried it again with some articles added my main page simply says

and the code for the page says:-

<script type="text/javascript">
window.addEvent("domready", function(){
if (typeof jQuery != "undefined" && typeof MooTools != "undefined" ) {
Element.implement({
slide: function(how, mode){
return this;
}
});
}
});
</script>

<div id="myCarousel" class="carousel slide"><!-- Carousel items -->
<ol class="carousel-indicators">
<li data-target="#myCarousel" data-slide-to="0" class="active"></li>
<li data-target="#myCarousel" data-slide-to="1" class=""></li>
<li data-target="#myCarousel" data-slide-to="2" class=""></li>
<li data-target="#myCarousel" data-slide-to="3" class=""></li>
<li data-target="#myCarousel" data-slide-to="4" class=""></li>
</ol>
<div class="carousel-inner">
<div class="active item">

... and that's all that is rendered.

How do you set up the SJ Carousel thing from scratch - I don't understand what it is doing or supposed to do - where is is getting the images from - I have nothing set-up because i don't have instructions telling me how to..the free template user guide web page just doesn't contain enough info or explanation (and it is out of date for Joomla 3.3.3)

On Image Options... External Path (or Url) it says images/{id}.jpg but where exactly is it looking? Do these images have links? To what?

What is the strategy here - to give away a free template riddled with problems in order to try and drum up business? There is a heap of complaints about problems with SJ Carousel and position-6 issues - is it just that the truth is the template needs a lot of expert intervention because it isn't robust or resilient in its design and to make it handle all the different requirements that users have - I was looking for a robust, field tested template - can someone suggest an alternative source? I don't want to buy a template to get support and then have to spend my time contacting them for support 5 times a day to fix things that really ought to work to begin with - is that what's really happening for ppl who purchase these templates?

I want a template that is easy to set up and obvious from the instructions and configuration pages what each parameter controls.

Also - why can't I add a .JPG - is the form broken on this forum or is it only accessible to paying customers or....?
Last Edit: 9 years, 8 months ago by lemonstar.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes