add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
You are here: HomeForum
Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Resized Images IN HTML or CSS

Re: Resized Images IN HTML or CSS 11 years, 10 months ago #3342

Okay I can set them to 0777 but can you explain briefly why it needs to be 0777?

I have been strongly advised that setting any directory to 0777 is a security risk and have also found a few articles that advise against it such as this one:

"I actually DO understand about the (very real) risk of using 0777, so do experts such as Brian Teeman (…search his blog - brian.teeman.net – for the topic of 0777 & you’ll find a number of articles on 0777, all advising how dangerous it is and how it should NEVER be used, & articles describing his anger with ignorant or carefree developers such as the one I highlighted here).

0777 permissions are such a security risk that any Joomla CMS extension found to be using or creating 0777 files is added to the “Joomla Vulnerable Extensions” list. Joomla users are also advised to remove any extension on the JVE list until the problem is fixed…..

In short, using 0777 permissions is a sure-fire way to make your site easier to hack."

As I mentioned earlier the modules seem to be working fine with the permissions set to 0744 so again please explain briefly if possible why you think I should change it to 0777. Thank you.

Todd E.

Re: Resized Images IN HTML or CSS 11 years, 10 months ago #3343

• loitt
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Todd Edwards,

Because the errors are sometimes still appeared, I said that you should set the permission of cache folder as 0777.

But if the errors are not appeared, you can change the permission of cache folder as 0755 in this case.

Thanks
Ticket System | Join our Clubs to download our extensions and templates

Re: Resized Images IN HTML or CSS 11 years, 10 months ago #3344

Okay I understand. The cache folder permission is now set to 0755 and I am having no problem. If problem happens again I will do as you have suggested and set permissions to 0777.

Just two final questions

1. Is the version that I have 100% compatible with Joomla! 2.5? I have version number 1.1 from July 2011.

2. Also how does the cache help? I am not loading jQuery with these modules.

Thank you.

Todd E.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes