You are here: HomeForum
Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Resized Images IN HTML or CSS

Resized Images IN HTML or CSS 11 years, 11 months ago #3271

Hi Team,

I have been using the YT Article Slider on this site for a while now:
www.parexcellencemagazine.com/

I am very interested in renewing my subscription to use the latest version - the SJ Article Slider but I have just one question.

The modules serve up resized images which is considered not good as far as page load speed is concerned.

1. Is there a way to get around this issue so that the page load speed does not suffer?

2. I have tried serving cropped images but it makes no difference.

Thank you.

Todd E.

Re: Resized Images IN HTML or CSS 11 years, 11 months ago #3274

• loitt
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Todd Edwards,

we have just checked the sj article slider module.

It is normal now.

Please check your site again.

If you do not still resolve your problem, you can submit the ticket to our ticket system.

Thanks
Ticket System | Join our Clubs to download our extensions and templates

Re: Resized Images IN HTML or CSS 11 years, 11 months ago #3294

I don't know what you mean when you say the sj slider is normal now??? What do you mean by that - it is normal? What does this mean?

Right now on my site I think there is some problem with the module cache. When I make a change and save it I get the following error message:

JCacheStorageFile::_deleteFolderJFolder: :delete: Could not delete folder. Path: /home/parexcel/public_html/cache/mod_so_article_slider

1. Do you know what this error message means and why I might be getting this error message?

2. Also I want to upgrade anyway to the latest version - to the SJ article slider which I think is more compatible with Joomla 2.5 is that right?

3. So if I am going to upgrade I want to know how to completely uninstall the current version, from the site and from the database. This way when I re-install the new version I will get rid of this cache problem, correct?

Therefore I do not require you to login to my admin. If you could just answer all three questions for me at this point I can decide the next step which I think is to renew my membership and but the new module.

Thank you.

Todd E.

Re: Resized Images IN HTML or CSS 11 years, 11 months ago #3323

• loitt
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Todd Edwards,

about your questions:

1. Please check permission of cache folder as "0777" in cpanel

2. You can download the latest version of sj article slider module for Joomla 25 on our site.

3. I think that you can try to do the step 1 first. You do not need to uninstall the current version.

Thanks

Re: Resized Images IN HTML or CSS 11 years, 11 months ago #3339

Thank you very much for your help.

I changed the folder to 0777 and that got rid of the erro message and everything seemed fine.

I then changed the cache folder to 0755 which I think is suppose to be the normal permissions setting for folders and it still seems to be fine.

Can I leave the folder set to 0755 or does it need to be 0777 for some reason. Please advise. Thank you.

Best regards,

Todd E.

Re: Resized Images IN HTML or CSS 11 years, 11 months ago #3340

• loitt
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Todd Edwards,

I think that you should set the permission of cache folder as 0777 here.

Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes