You are here: HomeForum
Welcome, Guest

K2 JInstaller :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: K2 JInstaller :Install: Cannot find XML setup file

K2 JInstaller :Install: Cannot find XML setup file 11 years, 6 months ago #5217

Dear SmartAddons,

First of all, I would like to congratulate you on your great template World News.
(www.smartaddons.com/joomla/templates/template-showcase/item/325-sj-worldnews-joomla-template)

I have an online news website, Caribseek News, and this is the URL: news.caribseek.com [CSN2]

My goal is to replace the current template with the World News template by November 05, 2012.

To reach that goal, I have set-up 2 website for testing:

1. The World News QuickStart: sjwn25.csn2011go.com [WNQS]
2. A copy of Caribseek News with WN template installed : csn2011go.com/CSN3Old/ [CSN3]

I use WNQS to configure and test the Quickstart. After testing on WN, I implement the CSS & other changes on CSN3 and making notes of the changes. The final objective is to install the Wold News template on the live website (CSN2) on Saturday 3rd of november and configure the template on the live website in one day!

I still have some issues to resolve and I need your support:

I. I tried to install SmartAddons' special K2 version, but I did not succeed: I get the following error message: "JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file".

The reason that I want to install your K2 is that its layout is better and it displays only K2 top images: compare the listings under TABS on WNQS and CSN3.

II. Another reason to install your K2-version is, it displays only one column when adding a menu item based on categories.

See: csn2011go.com/CSN3Old/index.php/caribbean/barbados-news

III. The TAB issue: see my other post "TAB Bottom Issue".

IV. So K2 Slider / Yt K2 Slideshow II issue: see my other post "Yt K2 Slideshow II".

I would appreciate you help on these issues.

I thankk you in advance,

Willem

Re: K2 JInstaller :Install: Cannot find XML setup file 11 years, 6 months ago #5311

Dear SmartAddons,

I need your help on point II urgently.

I can not get the 2 column working; compare:

- csn2011go.com/CSN3Old/index.php/caribbean/barbados-news
- sjwn25.csn2011go.com/index.php/latin-america

Please help.

I thank you in advance,

Willem

Re: K2 JInstaller :Install: Cannot find XML setup file 11 years, 6 months ago #5313

• loitt
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Willem S.A. Da Costa Gomez,

Please go to the K2 category and refer to parameters in Category item layout (see the attached image).

Thanks
Attachments:
Ticket System | Join our Clubs to download our extensions and templates

Re: K2 JInstaller :Install: Cannot find XML setup file 11 years, 6 months ago #5331

Dear SmartAddons,

I have already done that., but it does not work.

I am emailing you my <user,admin> id of the administrator so you can test it out:

- csn2011go.com/CSN3Old/administrator
- <u,p> = <admin,gavick>

Please advise.

Sunny regards,

Willem

Re: K2 JInstaller :Install: Cannot find XML setup file 11 years, 6 months ago #5369

Dear SmartAddons,

Did you get this message:

Dear SmartAddons,

I have already done that., but it does not work.

I am emailing you my <user,admin> id of the administrator so you can test it out:

- csn2011go.com/CSN3Old/administrator
- <u,p> = <admin,gavick>

Please advise.

Sunny regards,

Willem

Re: K2 JInstaller :Install: Cannot find XML setup file 11 years, 6 months ago #5376

• loitt
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Willem S.A. Da Costa Gomez,

Did you change anything on this template?

Thanks
Ticket System | Join our Clubs to download our extensions and templates
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes