You are here: HomeForum
Welcome, Guest

Module positions are different from in demo
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Module positions are different from in demo

Module positions are different from in demo 10 years, 11 months ago #10037

Good day,

Tried SJ Travel 2 template but the module postions do not match what is in the userguide.

In the backend i am seeing "position a, position b" where they guide says "left, right" etc. None of the modules i am trying to insert will display.

Idealy i would still like to use SJ health if the issues with it are resolved but I need to be able to work on the site
Last Edit: 10 years, 11 months ago by kayla84.

Re: Module positions are different from in demo 10 years, 11 months ago #10049

• SA Thuy
Website Information (for Admin Only)
Site Url:http://careerjamaica.com/haircaresocial/
Admin Username:kara
Admin Password:duskie2
FTP/SSH Server:
FTP/SSH Username:
FTP/SSH Password:
Dear Kayla,

Please go to Template manager, In Options tab, please choose left-main-right.xml in Layout Settings. With every layout, the positions is displayed differently.

Thanks

Re: Module positions are different from in demo 10 years, 11 months ago #10052

Hi again,

That is what it is set to.

Let me try again:

Looking at the module position layout, the names of the positions are called user a, user b, left, right for the sj Travel template.

When i go to add a new module using this template. I am seeing postions under the template position dropdown that DO NOT EXIST IN THE TEMPLATE and adding a module to these positions does not reflect any change on the site. I am seeing "slideshow" "top 1" and "syndicate" to name a few.

Re: Module positions are different from in demo 10 years, 11 months ago #10054

• SA Thuy
FTP/SSH Server:
FTP/SSH Username:
FTP/SSH Password:
Dear Kayla,

I've checked on your site. Template manager, choose SJ Travel 2 to edit, in Options-> Layout Settings->Select Layout please choose left-main-right.xml (now: main-left-right.xml) => layout isn't like demo.smartaddons.com/templates/joomla3/sj-travel2/images/yt-positions.jpg .

Because you install sj joomla3 quickstart, templates: sj health and sj travel 2, so in the module position (Extensions->Module Manager->position), it display only positions of sj joomla3. If you user sj Travel2, when you create module, please enter position in positions like demo.smartaddons.com/templates/joomla3/sj-travel2/images/yt-positions.jpg

Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years, 11 months ago by .

Re: Module positions are different from in demo 10 years, 11 months ago #10055

OK, Almost there lol

I have changed it back yet again.
Last Edit: 10 years, 11 months ago by kayla84.

Re: Module positions are different from in demo 10 years, 11 months ago #10056

• SA Thuy
FTP/SSH Server:
FTP/SSH Username:
FTP/SSH Password:
Dear Kayla

You can test on: careerjamaica.com/haircaresocial/?tp=1, there are left, right... positions.

About positions in 'select positions' in Module Manager, when you install templates, it don't add positions of templates to module, you can only enter position manually when you create module. If you want positions of SJ Travel 2, you have to install SJ Travel 2 quickstart.

Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years, 11 months ago by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes