AJAX loader
You are here: HomeForum
Welcome, Guest

smart news template 1.7/2.5
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: smart news template 1.7/2.5

smart news template 1.7/2.5 12 years, 1 month ago #2374

Hello to all! Could not find a dropdown for smart news 2.5 so that is why I posted here. I did a fresh install of the smart news template with content (latest 1.7/2.5 on smart addons website) less than 24 hrs ago. Then I tried to install a couple of modules that I need to use for the website. I installed the very popular gcalender component and all went well on the install. I then published the module to display the google calender and it broke the template. Several of the news modules (Not mega-news) but the bottom scoller in the 'user 10' position and one of the modules in the 'other module' position 'shifted' out of position in the template. This happen to me when I had the 1.7 smart news package installed but running 2.5.1 joomla. So I thought maybe the 2.5 joomla was causing the problem so I dumped that and installed the latest package from the smart addons website yesterday hoping the problem would go away... but it followed with the 2.5 package also.
I LOVE this template.. it is very smooth, professional, not cluddered, and clean! I have an IT Engineer helping me with this project and he is very good at his job. He thinks the modules when they are 'published' put some kind of 'code', html, or something into the template that causes this problem. I have 'unplublished the modules and even 'trashed and deleted' the modules and component and the template still stays 'shifted'.

The webstie that you can view this 'shifted' template is sn.ozarkdailynews.com. It is hosted on Host Gator with all the latest versions of myphp and sql. NO other templates that I have used do this.. like 'YourNews' by RocketTheme or 'World News II' by Gavick.

If you need me to I can have my Engineer put a 'fresh package load' back on the server and let you play with it... just let me know what we need to do... I need this template to work with 'basic' Joomla exts I need for the website.

Thanks in advance... Randall

Re: smart news template 1.7/2.5 12 years, 1 month ago #2387

• David Hoang
Dear Randall Fowler

I checked your website and see that it is our demo. Did you remove all your extensions?

Please install them and then inform me so that i can check your issue

Thanks

Re: smart news template 1.7/2.5 12 years, 1 month ago #2391

Thank you for the reply.
First--You asked me if I 'uninstalled the extensions'... then you ask me to 'install them' and let you know? The question and the request contridict each other??

With that said I "Uninstalled" the extensions, jvarcade, gcanlender, K2... all extensions, modules, and plugins related to those extensions and the site look 'worst' than before.

Again this is a problem I have had with this 'Demo package' from the start whether it was the 1.7 or the 1.7/2.5... it does not like certain extensions... I have not had this problem with 'YourNews' or 'World News II'...

I will send a 'Ticket' and give you the admin login and password. I know it is the weekend but it would be nice if someone could look at this ASAP.

Thank you again... I am heading over to the ticket area to send you the login and password to admin.

Regards,

Randall Fowler

Re: smart news template 1.7/2.5 12 years, 1 month ago #2393

Well the "Ticket" did not work. BTW... I have NEVER been able to submit a ticket with ONE try always several before it goes thru. This time after 5 trys I gave up. So I could not get you the login and password.

I have contacted a Programer/Developer to assit me on this project. So I will just pay him to fix the Smart News Template since it is very difficult to communicate with your company. When he figures out what the 'Code Issue' is with the template I will be Professional enough to come back to this post and update it and share what the problem was found to be.

Again... thanks for your time and have a great weekend!

Randall Fowler

Re: smart news template 1.7/2.5 12 years, 1 month ago #2410

• David Hoang
Dear Randall Fowler

I understood your issue but I just went your site but i could not find extensions which you told. Also, I could not find your admin account

I sent you an email to request. Please kindly reply me there

Thanks

Re: smart news template 1.7/2.5 12 years, 1 month ago #2412

NP... I sent you a skype message and have my computer on now. Thanks ~ R
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes