AJAX loader
You are here: HomeForum
Welcome, Guest

Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error

Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error 7 years, 5 months ago #29733

I upgraded one of my project to the Joomla 3.6.4 and my website got down with a mistake on a home page: Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error
To find a conflict I was switching off my modules and plugins in the home page one by one and I found that you extension SJ K2 Slider is not compatible with the latest Joomla 3.6.4. Please fix this problem as soon as possible and update your extension. I do not have time to look for alternative module and I am waiting for your fix. My website for now looks very ugly. But I do not know anything about coding and you are my last hope.
I also found the issue that you template WaveNews also doesn't work and showing mistake like Error decoding json data syntax error
when you trying to open page with k2 blog listing layout
demo.smartaddons.com/templates/joomla3/sj-wavenews/index.php/k2/k2-listing
Please fix that as soon as possible. Thank you.

Re: Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error 7 years, 5 months ago #29741

• usersmart1
Hi guys,

Please try to go to /libraries/vendor/joomla/registry/src/Format and edit Json.php:
Comment the line 72:
throw new \RuntimeException(sprintf('Error decoding JSON data: %s', json_last_error_msg()));

Thanks & regards!

Re: Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error 7 years, 5 months ago #29754

Guys are you kidding me?..
You are telling me to rewrite Joomla core files?.. It is not a solution! First of all because during the next Joomla update we will get exactly the same error. Second it will bring security hall to the Joomla that they actually fixed in 3.6.4 version. The solution that you are offering is to disable alarm system instead of to fix the bug in your module. Why you don't want just to rewrite your plugin and make it compatible with the latest Joomla requirements?.. Thank you.

Re: Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error 7 years, 5 months ago #29761

• usersmart1
Dear sir,

This error occurs when upgrade to Joomla 3.6.4.
You can refer this topic on Joomla support forum:
issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/12460
We will check this issue with our Joomla module and inform to you soon.

Thanks & regards!

Re: Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error 7 years, 5 months ago #29782

It is definitely not about JB Library or something like that it is about one of your modules. I mean there is something wrong in your code I am not a programmer but based of what I discovered since Joomla 3.6.3 was released they changed JSON handler so in the previous version some little mistakes just passed through but in 3.6.3. JSON Handler do not let them pass and totally stop interpreter. You should fix your php code I understand It is a job but you have to do it. You can not tell to your customers to rewrite Joomla core instead of doing your job. I mean you are getting money out of your subscribers and it is your responsibility to fix your module. Joomla 3.6.3 was released on Oct 16 so almost 1 month and no result. Please fix it as soon as possible. Thank you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes