You are here: HomeForum
Welcome, Guest

How to set up multilingual site in SJ Template
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to set up multilingual site in SJ Template

How to set up multilingual site in SJ Template 10 years, 8 months ago #10663

• SA Thuy
Configuration Multilanguage site is divided into few steps.

1. Additional language installation.
You can download language packages on Joomla webs, example as: community.joomla.org/translations/ or extensions.joomla.org/extensions/languages/translations-for-joomla
Additional languages are installed exactly the same like any other Joomla! extensions via Extension Manager. After installation, in menu Extensions >> Language Manager, there should be more than one language visible. The new language should be added to every tab (Site, Administrator, Content).

Configure in Language Manager:

Please add new language in Content Tab:

2. Configure Language Filter and Language Switcher.
In the next step, we need to enable the plugin called System – Language Filter and set a proper configuration.

3. Create Menu for every language.
Starting from Joomla 1.7, the menu configuration in languages has been changed. Now, a user needs to create a menu for every installed language and one additional for both languages. So, in our case with two languages, we need to create 3 menus :

- Menu with ‘Home’ element for all languages

- Menu with ‘Home’ element for Language 1

- Menu with ‘Home’ element for Language 2
First of all, we create a menu for both languages:
Menus->Menu Manager->Add New Menu. After you create menu, please add menu item is 'Home' and set as default:

After this step, please create 2 menu for 2 language:

Every menus, please set Menu item 'Home' as default in a language:

4. Create Language Switcher module.
A language switcher module is a part of default Joomla modules and we can add it by Module Manager, select New in top right corner and then Language Swticher from a popup list. The module needs to be set to some template position like top1, user1 etc. and Published and assigned to some menu items (or publish on all pages). After this step, you should see the module with language flags or languages list in a proper position.

5. Finally, go to Template Manager:
Please choose SJ Template and duplicate it, and configure Menu for first SJ Template is menu of Language 1, and default language is language 1, the Menu in duplicated Template is menu of language 2 and language of this template is language 2.

Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years, 4 months ago by .
The topic has been locked.

Re: How to set up multilingual site in SJ Template 10 years, 4 months ago #13959

Thanks

Re: How to set up multilingual site in SJ Template 10 years, 4 months ago #14094

Additional hint for multingual players: when creating a duplicate copy of the template as in the last step described above, don't forget to assign each language copy to the appropriate mainmenu, otherwise you may spend hours like I did to figure out why the entire website is multilingual, EXCEPT the main menu

Philippe
The following user(s) said Thank You: anhqn, freestyler

Re: How to set up multilingual site in SJ Template 10 years, 4 months ago #14193

• daoudi5
  • Fresh Boarder
Philippe LEVI wrote:
Additional hint for multingual players: when creating a duplicate copy of the template as in the last step described above, don't forget to assign each language copy to the appropriate mainmenu, otherwise you may spend hours like I did to figure out why the entire website is multilingual, EXCEPT the main menu

Philippe

please can you explain clearly how to do that? it's in the template menu?? i try but not work for me.
thank

Re: How to set up multilingual site in SJ Template 10 years, 4 months ago #14228

I sure can...

Please note that I use Joomla 2.5, not 3.x yet.

Once you completed all steps described by the SJ folks, go to Template Manager.

You should see 2 copies of your template, like, in my case:

sj_xxxx - English
sj_xxxx - French

Select EACH OF THE 2 copies, then select top right "Top Menu Settings" and declare the appropriate language version of the main menu like, in my case Mainmenu_EN for English version and mainmenu_FR for the French one.

You're all set...This works perfectly for me.

Hope this helps

Philippe
Last Edit: 10 years, 4 months ago by phil91.

Re: How to set up multilingual site in SJ Template 10 years, 4 months ago #14236

• daoudi5
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok! thank you very much. Now it's work for me i use J3.2
So i realise that i have to create 3 copies of the template :
1. one for all language
2. one for French
3. One for English
And then associate the main menu...
Thank
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes