You are here: HomeForum
Welcome, Guest

K2 items images not showing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: K2 items images not showing

K2 items images not showing 7 years, 3 months ago #32044

Hello,
today i installed the free SJ News II template for a new site i'm developing right now however and although its install was successfull without any errors when viewing the site the images of all K2 articles( items) do not show - only the text is shown. Using Joomla's default templates K2 items images are correctly shown so, it seems the problem is caused from a bug in your template. Can you please provide any fix tips for this issue ?

Thank you very much.

P.S.

I'm using latest Joomla 3.6.5 version and the SJ_News_II_sj_news_ii_template_j3x_v2.0.0.zip of your template's package file.

I've tried my tests using latest versions of both Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome with the same results using private windows for browsing in order to avoid caching effects on a local development pc with Windows 7 64bit fully updated.
Php ( 5.6.30 ) x86 , Apache ( Apache 2.4.25 ) x86 and Mysql 5.7.17 x86 versions used.
The topic has been locked.

Re: K2 items images not showing 7 years, 2 months ago #32096

• thuygtn
Dear sir

You can try following the guide here:
Open file: plugins\system\yt\includes\libs\resize\tool.php and find: array_unshift($searchs, JPATH_SITE.'\\');
=> Edit to:
array_unshift($searchs, JPATH_SITE.'/');

Thanks

Re: K2 items images not showing 7 years, 2 months ago #32127

Hello again,

thank you very much for your response but it didn't help at all. The piece of code you told me to change doesn't exist as you posted it here in this specific file. Instead this is what i found in the file : array_unshift($searchs, JPATH_SITE);
Anyway, after a lot time spent about this issue trying to figure out what's the root of this problem i discovered when looking at the source code of the page through browser's context menu that the code to show images is there for all K2 items however for an unknown reason the images do not show. Further investigating the issue about this weird behaviour i thought that something with the css code of the template could be wrong and after many tries i found out that after commenting all code inside the "/templates/sj_news_ii/asset/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.min.css" the images finally appeared but the template layout was broken in many aspects of it. This finding was an indication that i was probably right about my suspicion that the problem is css-related so i kept on investigating issue by trying to comment out step by step pieces of css code in this file in order to find which part of the code contained in it is the cause of the problem and after many tests if found that the following piece of css code
is causing the problem : ".modal{position:fixed;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;left:0;z-index:1040;display:none;overflow:hidden;-webkit-overflow-scrolling:touch;outline:0;}".
So after all this i would like to ask if i leave this piece of code commented what could be its impact in the template's functionality ? I ask this because i'm not the designer of it to know exactly how its code internally works and the risks of unexpected template layout behaviour if this piece of code will remain excluded.

Thank you very much.

Re: K2 items images not showing 7 years, 2 months ago #32146

• thuygtn
Dear sir

If the css modal is causing the problem, you should define class modal again
You can add K2 class before modal class
then set position is absolute or relative, top, bottom, left again

Thanks

Re: K2 items images not showing 7 years, 2 months ago #32158

Hello,

could you please be more specific about your last response because it sounds a little ambiguous - you say that i should
define class modal again and add K2 class before modal class - where exactly ( in which template files ) these additions / changes should be made and
which is the K2 class you are referring to ? Please if you don't mind provide a simple guide / example as in your first response for the issue.

Thank you.

Re: K2 items images not showing 7 years, 2 months ago #32308

Dear jimmyp3

Could you please send us the domain, admin and ftp account in box information to check directly?

thanks.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes