Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
You are here: HomeForum
Welcome, Guest

'Ask a question' not working / showing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 'Ask a question' not working / showing

Re: 'Ask a question' not working / showing 7 years, 2 months ago #31901

I enabled from vm configuration and work well.
Can I have this ask a question beside product descrtion and review

In the template you have 3 tabs (description, reviews and COM_VIRTUEMART_OTHERS. I would like to have this ask a question in a tab beside them
(if it is very defficult to make I will leave it as is)

Re: 'Ask a question' not working / showing 7 years, 2 months ago #31915

Dear zakgr

Please do steps:
- go to templates\sj_revo\html\com_virtuemart\productdetails\default.php and find the code:

<ul class="nav nav-tabs" id="add-reviews" >
<li class="active"><a href="#description" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_DESC_TITLE') ?></a></li>
<li ><a href="#reviews" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_REVIEWS') ?></a></li>
<li ><a href="#others" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_OTHERS') ?></a></li>
</ul>
<div class="tab-content">

=> change to:

<ul class="nav nav-tabs" id="add-reviews" >
<li class="active"><a href="#description" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_DESC_TITLE') ?></a></li>
<li ><a href="#reviews" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_REVIEWS') ?></a></li>
<li ><a href="#others" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_OTHERS') ?></a></li>
<li ><a href="#askquestion" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_QUESTIONS') ?></a></li>
</ul>
<div class="tab-content">
<div class="tab-pane" id="askquestion">
<?php
// Ask a question about this product
if (VmConfig::get('ask_question', 0) == 1) {
$askquestion_url = JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&task=askquestion&virtuemart_product_id=' . $this->product->virtuemart_product_id . '&virtuemart_category_id=' . $this->product->virtuemart_category_id . '&tmpl=component', FALSE);
?>
<div class="form-group">
<a class="ask-a-question button" href="<?php echo $askquestion_url ?>" rel="nofollow" ><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ENQUIRY_LBL') ?></a>
</div>
<?php
}
?>
</div>

then find the code and remove it: prntscr.com/ebemi9

Thanks

Re: 'Ask a question' not working / showing 7 years, 2 months ago #31946

Worked great and thank you

With this cange of code, you made a new tab beside the review.
In this tab, you have a buttom for ask the question
Insted of this, why don't we put the window appears after we push the buttom.

In other words I would like to have a tab with ask a question but inside it, not have a buttom but the page of the question (like the photo prnt.sc/ec3klv)

Thanks in advance
Last Edit: 7 years, 2 months ago by zakgr.

Re: 'Ask a question' not working / showing 7 years, 2 months ago #31956

Dear zakgr

I'm sorry, this is function default of VM. so i don't have the way to put this form here.

Thanks

Re: 'Ask a question' not working / showing 6 years, 11 months ago #33124

Hi,

I can't find the askrecomjs.php file.
templates\sj_market\html\com_virtuemart\sublayouts\askrecomjs.php
I can see only two files addtocartbar.php and rating.php.
please help

Re: 'Ask a question' not working / showing 6 years, 11 months ago #33141

Dear webdesignwebdev

Because we do not custom this file in our template, so it will get directly form component. you can copy this file form component: components\com_virtuemart\sublayouts\askrecomjs.php to our template templates\sj_market\html\com_virtuemart\sublayouts\, then you can custom it in our template.

thanks
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes