Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
You are here: HomeForum
Welcome, Guest

'Ask a question' not working / showing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 'Ask a question' not working / showing

Re: 'Ask a question' not working / showing 4 years, 9 months ago #31901

I enabled from vm configuration and work well.
Can I have this ask a question beside product descrtion and review

In the template you have 3 tabs (description, reviews and COM_VIRTUEMART_OTHERS. I would like to have this ask a question in a tab beside them
(if it is very defficult to make I will leave it as is)

Re: 'Ask a question' not working / showing 4 years, 9 months ago #31915

Dear zakgr

Please do steps:
- go to templates\sj_revo\html\com_virtuemart\productdetails\default.php and find the code:

<ul class="nav nav-tabs" id="add-reviews" >
<li class="active"><a href="#description" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_DESC_TITLE') ?></a></li>
<li ><a href="#reviews" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_REVIEWS') ?></a></li>
<li ><a href="#others" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_OTHERS') ?></a></li>
</ul>
<div class="tab-content">

=> change to:

<ul class="nav nav-tabs" id="add-reviews" >
<li class="active"><a href="#description" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_DESC_TITLE') ?></a></li>
<li ><a href="#reviews" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_REVIEWS') ?></a></li>
<li ><a href="#others" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_OTHERS') ?></a></li>
<li ><a href="#askquestion" data-toggle="tab"><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_QUESTIONS') ?></a></li>
</ul>
<div class="tab-content">
<div class="tab-pane" id="askquestion">
<?php
// Ask a question about this product
if (VmConfig::get('ask_question', 0) == 1) {
$askquestion_url = JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&task=askquestion&virtuemart_product_id=' . $this->product->virtuemart_product_id . '&virtuemart_category_id=' . $this->product->virtuemart_category_id . '&tmpl=component', FALSE);
?>
<div class="form-group">
<a class="ask-a-question button" href="<?php echo $askquestion_url ?>" rel="nofollow" ><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ENQUIRY_LBL') ?></a>
</div>
<?php
}
?>
</div>

then find the code and remove it: prntscr.com/ebemi9

Thanks

Re: 'Ask a question' not working / showing 4 years, 9 months ago #31946

Worked great and thank you

With this cange of code, you made a new tab beside the review.
In this tab, you have a buttom for ask the question
Insted of this, why don't we put the window appears after we push the buttom.

In other words I would like to have a tab with ask a question but inside it, not have a buttom but the page of the question (like the photo prnt.sc/ec3klv)

Thanks in advance
Last Edit: 4 years, 9 months ago by zakgr.

Re: 'Ask a question' not working / showing 4 years, 9 months ago #31956

Dear zakgr

I'm sorry, this is function default of VM. so i don't have the way to put this form here.

Thanks

Re: 'Ask a question' not working / showing 4 years, 6 months ago #33124

Hi,

I can't find the askrecomjs.php file.
templates\sj_market\html\com_virtuemart\sublayouts\askrecomjs.php
I can see only two files addtocartbar.php and rating.php.
please help

Re: 'Ask a question' not working / showing 4 years, 6 months ago #33141

Dear webdesignwebdev

Because we do not custom this file in our template, so it will get directly form component. you can copy this file form component: components\com_virtuemart\sublayouts\askrecomjs.php to our template templates\sj_market\html\com_virtuemart\sublayouts\, then you can custom it in our template.

thanks
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Suggested Posts

(/)
Result not found!

Black Friday Sale

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes