First of all, make sure you always download the latest version. If you just bought the extension, you already have the latest versions for components in Joomla! v1.5.x like these:
- Yt Content Portfolio – Supports for Content component
- Yt VirtueMart Portfolio – Supports for VirtueMart component
- Yt K2 Portfolio – Support for K2 component
- Yt Sobi2 Portfolio – Support for Sobi2 component
Please make sure that you install these components.
The following documentation applies to the module version 1.0 and later.
- In Administrator page, go to Extensions -> Install/Uninstall
- In this page, click on Browse.. button, choose our module and then click Upload File & Install
- Go to Extensions -> Module Manager, find Yt Portfolio Module and then edit it
- In the editing page, choose a position, change parameters to your ideas
- Joomla! v1.5.x and Joomla! v1.6.x latest stable versions are highly recommended.
The parameters are divided into the following areas:
- General Settings
- Title and Link Options
- Image and color Options
- Theme and other Options
- Advanced Parameters
Let’s examine all the settings in detail:
- Module Class Suffix: please refer here
- Width of Module: Allows you to add a width for the module.
- Height of Module: Allows you to add a height for the module.
- Width of article list: Allows you to add width for part of article list.
- Using ajax: Yes/No
- Category number: Amount of category which you want to show in module.
- Category number scrolled: Amount of category which you want to scroll in module.
- Total Articles: Allow you to limit the number of article in each category.
- For frontpage article: Here there are three options:
- Hide Frontpage articles: The module will show articles which are not the frontpage article
- Show Frontpage articles only: The module will only show articles which are the frontpage article
- Include frontpage articles: The module will show all articles in categories or sections.
- Recently Added
- Recently Modified
- Most Popular (follow hits)
- Least Popular (follow hits)
Title and link options
- Max length of article title: The number of characters of article title (for article in the list)
- Link for article title: Yes/No
- Count of character of brief description:
- Count characters: If you choose this option, the brief description will be limited by amount of characters show in “Max length of bripf description” param
- Use entire description text: If you choose this option, the brief description will be show entire description text.
- HTML tags of brief description:
- Keeping HTML tags: the module will keep html tags in description
- Removing HTML tags: the module will remove all html tags before cutting
- Max length of brief description: The number of characters of brief description.
- Show read more link: Yes/No
- Read more text: Allow you to change text of read more.
Image and color options
- Show image of article: Allow you to show/hide image of article in description.
- Link for image of article: Yes/No
- Thumnail width of article: width of thumnail in description
- Thumnail height of article: height of thumnail in description
- Thumnail mode for article: thumnail mode for article
- Thumnail width of category or section: width of thumnail of category or section
- Thumnail height of category or section: height of thumnail of category or section
- Thumnail mode for category or section: thumnail mode for category or section
- Color of article title: Allow you to change color or article title
- Color of article title when actived: Allow you to change color of article title when actived
- Color of description of article: Allow you change color of description of article
- Background of module: Allow you to change background of module
- Color of border: Here you change color of border
- Color of scroll bar: Here you change color of scroll bar
- Color of scroll drag: Here you change color of scroll drag
- Color of read more: Allow you change color of read more
Theme and other options
- Select a theme: we support three themes for your module
- Scroll bar
- New window
- Auto play: Yes/No
- Select an effect: Allow you to change effect on module. Here we support 25 effects.
- Slideshow speed: time to show one slide
- Timer speed: time to change slide
- Customer URL: You can overwrite link on article which you want. We only support article IDs Type. Syntax:
- Intro text: Here you can edit text on intro
- Footer text: Here you can edit text on footer
- Do not use Cache: Turn off caching
- Use Cache: Turn on caching
- Include jQuery Library: enable/disable jquery library. If the template is loading a jquery library, you can turn off jquery of the module to do your site loading faster
- Cache Times: the time to cache