First of all, make sure you always download the latest version. If you just bought the module, you already have the latest version.
The following documentation applies to the module version 1.0 and later.
– Joomla! v1.5.x, Joomla! v1.6.x latest stable version is highly recommended.
- In Administrator page on Joomla! v1.5x, go to Extensions -> Install/Uninstall
In this page, click on Choose File button, choose our module and then click Upload File & Install
- Go to Extensions -> Module Manager, choose option Select Type and find mod_yt_categorysummary or mod_yt_k2categorysummary or mod_yt_sobi2categorysummary or mod_yt_vmcategorysummary
- And you can change params for your ideal after
Let’s examine all the settings detail on mod_yt_categorysummary:
- Module Class Suffix: please refer here
- Width of module: Allow you to add width for your module
- Sellect option: You can show Section or Category which you want
- Select Categories or Sections: Here you can choose categories or sections from content component for the module.
- For Frontpage article:
- Include frontpage articles
- Hide frontpage articles
- Show frontpage article only
- Include frontpage articles
- Sort Order By
- Recently Added First.
- Recentlt Modified first
- Ordering: According to the order field
- Total articles: Total articles which you want to show in the module
- Show order of one article when showing module: This param is used for theme 1.
- Max length of category or section title: When the title is too long, you can use this param to limit some characters of the category or section title
- Max length of article title: Allow you limit some characters of article title
- Remove html tags of article or category or section description
- Keeping HTML code: the module will keep html tags in description
- Removing HTML code: the module will remove all html tags before cutting
- Characters of article or category description
- Count characters
- Use entire description text
- Open link:
- Same Window.
- New Window.
- Link for category or section title: Allow you show/hide link for category or section title
- Link for article title: Allow you show/hide link for article title
- Show title of category or section: Allow you show/hide title of category or section
- Show title of article: Allow you show/hide title of article
- Color of category or section title: You can change color of category or section title
- Color of article title: You can change color of article title
- Color of category or section description: You can change color of category or section description
- Color of article description: You can change color of article description
- Background color of article column: You can set color for background of article column
- Background color of category or section content: You can set color for background of category or section content
- Show article thumb image: Allow to show or hide article image
- Link for article thumb image: Allow to show or hide link for article image
- Category or section thumbnail width/height: Allow you set width/height for category or section thumbnail
- Article thumbnail width/height: Allow you set width/height for article thumbnail
- Category/Section/Article thumbnail mode:
- Select a theme: We support 3 themes for your site
- Show readmore link: Allow you show/hide readmore link
- Show view all link: Allow you show/hide view all link
- Read more text: Allow you change readmore text
- View all text: Allow you change View all text
- Custom URL: This text area allows you to enter custom URL of category or article for the module
- Intro text: This text area allows you to enter intro text for the module
- Foot text: This text area allows you to enter footer text for the module
- Do not use Cache: Turn off caching
- Use Cache: Turn on caching
- Include jQuery Library: Allow you enable/disable jQuery Library
- Cache Time: The time to cache