First of all, I would like to thank you for purchasing this theme, your support is truly appreciated.
SW StyleShop is a modern and beautiful WordPress Theme. Both developers and non-trained users can use it easily. This document covers the installation and use of this theme, reveals some answers to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read throughout this document if you are experiencing any difficulties.
If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of document, please feel free to contact us via our Support Page.
1.2 System Requirements
At the basic level, this theme will require the following conditions:
- PHP version 5.6 or later
- MySQL version 5 or later
- WordPress 4.7.x or later (Please note that the latest WordPress version is prefered.)
Recommended PHP Configuration Limitsshould be paid attention. In several cases, you may deal with problems related to low PHP configuration limits, such as: white screen, demo content fails when importing, empty page content and other similar issues. The solution is to increase the PHP limits. You can do this on your own by editing the following lines in
php.inifile in your root directory. This is not a file that comes with WordPress so if you are unfamiliar with it you should contact your web host about increasing those limits to a minimum as follows:
At first, you need to download the package to your computer and then unzip it. The package includes files listed as follows:
Data files, including:
Theme Installation files, including:
sw_styleshop_quickstart_vx.x.x.zipfor quickstart installation
sw_styleshop_theme_vx.x.x.zipfor manual installation
- Please note that this file
sw_styleshop_quickstart_vx.x.x.zipis not included in the Themeforest package. You can contact Support Page if you need any help.
- The child theme allows you to modify or add to the functionality of the parent theme instead of modifying the core theme files directly, which makes it easy to update the parent theme without erasing your changes. If you plan on making any updates or additions to this theme, you will definitely need to set up this child theme on your site)To have more information about this topic, please see Here for more detail.
There are two ways to install this SW StyleShop Theme:
- Quickstart Installation: This one is suitable for the first installation and want to get a whole fresh site as in the Demo. Please note that the quickstart file is not included in the Themeforest package. You could contact us via our Support Page to be supported.
- Manual Installation (including Theme Installation): If you want to build your site based on available content with SW StyleShop, this one will be suitable. It won’t overwrite your old data.
3.1 Quickstart Installation
Please follow the steps in the Quickstart Installation Instruction for WordPress Theme .
3.2 Theme Installation
Before starting the Theme Installation process, please make sure that your host meets all following requirements:
- Your web host meets the minimum requirements to run WordPress
- This theme is built up and tested with WordPress Version 4.7.3. Therefore, this WordPress version should be used to have best performance. Besides, this theme is also compatible with WordPress 3.x.x and 4.x.x.
3.2.1 Theme Upload
When you are ready to install a theme, the Theme Files should be uploaded and activated first. There is 2 ways for this process:
- FTP Upload
- WordPress Upload
Note: If the Theme Files Size is larger than 8M, FTP Upload (File Transfer Protocol) should be used.
|220.127.116.11 Theme Installation via FTP||18.104.22.168 Theme Installation via WordPress Admin Panel|
|To add the new theme to your WordPress Installation, follow these basic steps:
To select the theme for your site:
3.2.2 Theme Installation Types
In this theme, we offer a useful feature to choose the way to install this theme: Import Demo Data or not. Two methods are provided for two different case. When you want to start a new website, or use our demo contents for easily customization, save your time and your energy. In this situation, we recommend using the Import Demo Data method. If you do not use this way, you must be adept in WordPress customization and theme development
After installing theme, there are two ways for you to choose to custom this theme: create everything by yourself or import our demo data
|Do NOT import demo data||Import demo data|
3.2.3 Required Plugins Installation
Please remember that when theme is installed, you need to install and activate Required Plugins to get full features working. In case your server does not permit automatic installation of a WordPress plugin in this theme, you could manually install it by using its zip file in our package folder named as data/plugins.
- Step 1 – After installing and activating the theme you will see the message about installing required plugins at the top of the page.
- Step 2 – You need click Begin Installing plugins link in order to install needed plugins for styleshop theme
- Step 3 – You will be redirected to Install Required Plugins page, here you will find all of the theme required plugins. In order to install these plugins, you just need to check all of them and select “Install” then “Apply”.
Note: When installing plugins, if you see a notice that some plugins have unsuccessful installation, they should be install manually one by one. This case usually occurs as you select all plugins to install at once.
- Step 4 – After installing these plugins, you need to Activate them by checking all of them and select “Activate” then click “Apply”
Below are list of required plugins along with SW StyleShop theme:
4.1 Import Demo Data
Please follow the steps in the instruction to import demo data in our WordPress theme
4.2 Import Media Files
Please follow the steps in the instruction to import media file in our WordPress theme .
Note: Please remember to set your Product Image Dimensions in WooCommerce plugin page before importing the Media Files.
4.3 Import Revolution Slider
Please follow the steps in the instruction to import Revolution Slider in SW WordPress theme .
Please go here to have more detail about customing a post in our WordPress themes.
Please go here to have more detail about customing a page in our WordPress themes.
After setting up this theme, you should set up your homepage to view your achivement. Please go to Settings >> Reading area and look for the Front Page display area. Change the radio button “A static page” and select the front page and blog page from the dropdown menus, then save changes.
In this section, we will bring you some steps to configure MailChimp for your site.
1.Go to MailChimp for WP >> MailChimp to access general setting page of MailChimp. You should connect to your mailchimp account by entering API Key.
2.Also, in order to make MailChimp Form work effectively, you should navigate to MailChimp for WP >> Forms in admin sidebar, fill in the forms. After making the changes, remember to click Save Changes button.
- Form Fields: Please click to see the Backend Settings.
Copy the code here to the form mark-up field in the page.
<input type="email" class="newsletter-email" name="EMAIL" placeholder="Your email" required />
<button class="newsletter-submit" type="submit"><span>Subscribe</span></button>
- Form Messages: Please click to see the Backend Settings.
- Form Settings: Please click to see the Backend Settings.
- Form Appearance: Please click to see the Backend Settings.
You can click Here for more information about this plugin.