Developers are encouraged to work with this release to prepare extensions for Joomla 3.2 and NOT recommended to use on production sites as beta is only intended for testing and there is no upgrade path from Beta. Community members encouraged to test the package for issues and to report issues in order to provide quality assurance for Joomla 3.2. All problems about issues, users can report in the Joomla! issue tracker.
Some new features in Joomla! 3.2:
- Improved Template Manager
- Introducing HTML5 form fields and attributes
- Removed Mootools dependencies
- Miscellaneous interface improvements from the JUX Code Sprint
- ED info link in extensions installer and 1-click installer of "install from Web" plugin
- Create a update button to list new Help servers
- Enable PSR-0 Autoloading by Default
- TinyMCE 4.0.7 Update
- Add the Framework DI Container to the CMS
- Content versioning for core and third-party components
- Add Joomla Ajax Interface to core
- Rapid Application Framework (Joomla! RAD)
- Two factor authentication for Joomla!
- Joomla multilingual site automatic installer
- Migrate application classes from legacy JApplication to JApplicationWeb
- Component for Post-Installation Messages
- Add logging to Joomla Update
- Update to jQuery 1.10.2 and add jQuery Migrate 1.2.1
What’s the status of Joomla! 1.5 and Joomla! 2.5?
Joomla 2.5 is a long-term support version and its support will expire shortly after the release of the next long-term support version - Joomla 3.5. This is scheduled to happen sometime during the spring of 2014.
Joomla 2.5 users are encouraged to stay on 2.5 until Joomla 3.5’s release and not need to migrate to Joomla 3.0, 3.1, or 3.2. Many plugins that are Joomla 2.5 compatible will work with Joomla 3 without the need of any changes.
Joomla has stopped support for the CMS Joomla 1.5 in April 2012. Major security fixes will be done until the end of 2012. It doesn't mean that 1.5 site will stop working, however, there are no more updates, no support by the developer security updates.
If you are using Joomla 1.5 then we strongly recommend migrating to Joomla 2.5. This is not simple to go from 1.5 to 2.5 or 3.0; however, you can use two good extensions jUpgrade and SPUpgrade to do this job easier. You have a choice of going straight to Joomla 3.0 or going to 2.5 first, both jUpgrade and SPUpgrade have versions ready for both versions.
In order to beginning a new site, the Joomla! 3.x is the preferred series with new features and more advanced security. Joomla! 3.x also provides you with longer backward compatible support than starting a new site on 2.5 right now.
Please click HERE to see list of our Joomla! templates that support Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.x!
NOTE: We are testing our latest products for this Beta version. Hopefully, you will receive the fastest updates, when the Joomla! 3.2 is officially released.
Thanks for reading!