Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
You are here: HomeForum
Welcome, Guest

Article list layout incorrect - shows horizontally instead of vertically
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Article list layout incorrect - shows horizontally instead of vertically

Article list layout incorrect - shows horizontally instead of vertically 10 years, 4 months ago #15094

Hi All

I am just setting up a new site and chose SJPlus because I like the way it lays out on mobiles.

However, when you have a menu item which creates an automatic list of articles eg. Articles >> Category List, the layout seems to be completely horizontal.

What I mean is that instead of each article title appearing on a new row, they appear almost like columns:

Instead of:
Article 1
Article 2
Article 2
etc

I get:
Article 1 | Article 2 | Article 3 etc.

The net effect is that on a phone, you get a horrible little sideways scrolling window which is impossible to use and you have to know it scrolls to use it anyway.

To see what I mean, visit jephson.orphanspress.co.uk and click on 'about us'. Then make your browser window about the size of a phone and scroll down to the list of articles you will see the effect - on pages where there are 10 or 12 articles in the list, this becomes horrible.

This doesn't happen if you use the Joomla 'Protostar' template, so it must be to do with SJPlus.

I have attached a screenshot to show the differences:

1. In Firefox but made to be about 'phone size', you get a scroll bar to indicate more options
2. On an iPhone, no scrollbar is visible so you don't know to scroll
3. Having switched to the default Protostar template, the issue doesn't happen.

Hope someone can help

Ben

Re: Article list layout incorrect - shows horizontally instead of vertically 10 years, 4 months ago #15095

Can't get it to add the screenshots, so here's a link:

Re: Article list layout incorrect - shows horizontally instead of vertically 10 years, 3 months ago #15704

• ravenswood
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm having the same problem on mobile browser.

It seems to happen with any table layout as well, you can see an example here

www.swimglasgow.co.uk/club-information/training-times

Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: Article list layout incorrect - shows horizontally instead of vertically 9 years, 6 months ago #21518

I am having the same exact problem. Any help on this ! ?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds

Notification

Please find your issue via Suggested Posts before submitting your question. We have solved the most of issues and maybe your issue was solved before.

Latest My Topics

No posts to display.

Love all our templates?

Join our membership clubs starting at $49 only for access to all of our templates

Join Now
Home Pricing
Your Cart is currently empty!
Product update
Coupon
add
Coupon code invalid! Please re-enter!
AJAX loader
SearchSupport
Magento Themes Magento Extensions Free Magento Extensions Prestashop Themes Prestashop Modules Magento 2 Themes